Learning Online Space – Camarines Sur Polytechnic Colleges
Learning Online Space is an Open Source Moodle Based Learning Management System Platform.
- Learning Online Space is a flagship LMS Platform of Camarines Sur Polytechnic Colleges. LeOnS is capable of providing a full classroom setup and utilizes appropriate technologies for interactive classroom activities and is a SCORM Compliant for producing instructional materials.
- Though it does not provide environment for courses requiring physical hands-on activities and laboratory practices, some activities may be done through software simulations.
- Learning Online Space is currently exclusive for Camarines Sur Polytechnic College’s student, teachers, employees, and clients and may be used for extending services such as trainings, seminars and workshops to be conducted for external partners.
Scope of Implementation
- This policy covers the Camarines Sur Polytechnic Colleges students, employees for both administrative and academic departments, it’s associates/affiliates such as clients and or business partners that utilizes the system.
What can be collected and generated:
- Administrative: Civil status, identity, identification data, images
- Personal life: Personal Data(username, full name, address, email, phone numbers), lifestyle, family situation, Social Media Accounts
- Connection data: IP address logging
- Educational Data: Program, Course, Coursework/Activities, Grades
- Records of Education: Results of exams, Assessments, Awards
- Location data: Travel, GPS data, GSM
How the data are used
- To ensure the identity of the users
- To associate you to a course
- To track your activities inside a course and site wide (for performance monitoring)
- To assess the current capability of the system for continuous enhancement for the hardware and software layer.
- To assess security issues (if there are any).
How the data are handled
- The information are stored in a database.
- The system uses a built-in machine learning for generating data analytics.
- A scheduled maintenance operations are conducted to ensure the health of the system as close as possible to an error-free state.
- Learning Online Space does not disclose any information to it’s installed plugins, third-party organizations or system applications outside the system. LeOns only submit the domain name to the MoodleHQ for indexing and the mobile app registration.
- Course Data are currently retained by virtue of the Teacher, Faculty, or the Course Manager as the retention policy is not yet in place.
- Site data are retained but may deduce the inactive courses to deload the server storage and increase the overall performance of the system.
- CSPC will not be held responsible if you publicly share sensitive and confidential information outside the Learning Online Space.